St Augustine Art is some of the finest in the country. Our talented local artists create an amazing array of artwork in all mediums that can be found at numerous art galleries throughout the area.
Twice a year, in the spring and fall, the St Augustine Art Association sponsors an Arts and Crafts Festival which attracts fine artists and craftsmen from around the country.
All art lovers should add a reminder to their calendars for these two events.
|St. Augustine Artists
How about taking home some beautiful artwork created by local artists as a memento of your visit instead of some manufactured trinket. Now, I think, that is a great idea!
|First Friday Art Walk
First Friday Artwalk is a special celebration held the first Friday of each month, and is brought to you by the local St Augustine Art Galleries.
On this special evening the St Augustine art galleries stay open until 9:00 p.m. with many offering snacks, drinks, and live music. It is a festive event, strolling from one gallery to another. The presentations are superb and most of the artists are on hand to speak with you about their work.
Shuttles are also available if you would rather hitch ride. First Friday of each month, downtown St. Augustine, Florida. Hours: 5:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
|Uptown Saturday Night
Another fun event is Uptown Saturday Night. This event, held the last Saturday of every month, takes place on San Marco Avenue between Castillo Drive and the Mission.
During this festive event the galleries, antique stores, and shops stay open late and offer everything from book signings to live music to refreshments and more. You’ll meet local artists who are exhibiting in the San Marco galleries.
Uptown Saturday Night is a fun-for-everyone occasion. Hours are from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Free parking is available at the Mission Nombre de Dios.
|St Augustine Art Galleries
* Abbott Tract Artists - Original art of 35 regional artists.
Hours: 12:00 – 6:00 p.m. Thursday – Sunday
31 San Marco Avenue
Phone: (904) 829-2934
* Absolute Americana Gallery - host of the personal collection of Master Marketer Michel Roux. Absente and Absolut collectibles and an eclectic array of fine art.
Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Tuesday – Saturday
77 Bridge Street
* Art Advocate - Supporting the arts in St. Johns County. Features works of local artists.
76 – B San Marco Avenue
Phone: (904) 826-4116
* Butterfield Garage - representing 13 contemporary artists. Emphasis on affordable original art.
Hours: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Daily
137 King Street
* Cousart Studios - Offering a wide variety of artistic services. Landscapes and original art, portraits, hand painted photos, art camps, workshops, and photography.
Hours: 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday-Saturday
64 A Hypolita Street
Pone: (904) 826-3323
* Cutter & Cutter Fine Art Galleries - Loves’ Art Emporium – 8 Cathedral Place – (904) 829-0818 Brilliance In Color Fine Art – 25 King Street – (904) 810-0460 Loves’ City Gate Gallery – 1 St. George Street – (904) 827-9006 Galeria Del Mar – 9 King St – (904) 829-2120
* Holborn Gallery - featuring the works of the San Sebastian River Artists.
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Saturday
134 Riberia Street
Phone: (904) 827-9355
* Island Fine Art - Specializing in art that captures the beauty of our coastal area.
Hours: 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday
6279 A1A South, Crescent Beach, FL
Phone: (904) 471-5808
* Mullet Beach Gallery - Local and regional fine art and craft. Painting, art glass, jewelry and more.
Hours:10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday Call for extended summer hours.
Closed Sunday & Tuesday
Phone: (904) 829-6831
* P.A.St.A. - Professional Artists of St. Augustine – Representing 16 award-winning artists, specializing in painting and pottery.
Hours: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
214 Charlotte Street
Phone: (904) 824-0251
* Rachel Thompson Gallery - Representing several fine artists from the area. Offering a wide selection of original artwork, giclee reproductions and photography. Custom Framing is also available.
Hours: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday – Saturday
Seagrove Town Center
116 SeaGrove Mainstreet
Phone: (904) 825-0205
* Rembrandtz American Craft Gallery - Representing over 250 local and national artists in a variety of media including art, glass, pottery, jewelry and fine gifts.
Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Thursday – Saturday
12:00 – 4:00 p.m. Sunday
131 King Street
Phone: (904) 829-0065
* St. Augustine Photographic Art - photographs of historic St. Augustine, gallery wrapped “canvas art”.
Casa del Hidalgo
35 Hypolita St.
* Sydney McKenna Gallery - features Sydney’s contemporary atmospheric oil landscapes, and husband Rob Mitchell’s functional anddecorative pottery. Studio tours, available.
5 Inlet Place
Phone: (904) 824-2414
* W.B. Tatter Studio/Gallery - boutique gallery featuring Wendy Tatter’s batik’s. Also the work of other talented local artisans.
76 – A San Marco Avenue
Phone: (904) 823-9263
* Water + Stone - Natural stone water features, garden art, lanterns, metal sculpture.
Hours: 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. Tuesday – Friday
11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Saturday
105-A Venetian Blvd.
Phone: (904) 808-8784
* Worley Faver Pottery - Hand-built earthenware using ancient methods creating original designs reflective of ancient times. Pottery and original paintings.
11 – A Aviles Street
Phone: (904) 304-2310
|St. Augustine Art Association
The St Augustine Art Association offers fine art exhibits (free to the public), art classes and workshops for children and adults, talks by recognized art experts (free to the public), guided walking tours of local art and architecture (free to the public) and two large fine arts and crafts festivals each year.
The Festivals are held in the spring and fall. The spring art festival is held the weekend after Easter; the fall art festival is held the weekend after Thanksgiving. You will want to make plans to visit these shows. The artwork is exceptional and includes artists from around the country.
Hours: 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. Tuesday – Saturday 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Sunday 22 Marine Street (904) 824-2310
I know you will appreciate the talent of our many local St. Augustine art & artists. Be sure to make time to visit our local galleries and if you are able, plan your visit around the first Friday of the month so you can go on an Artwalk. Or around the last Saturday of the month so you can experience Uptown Saturday Night. You’ll really enjoy both.